An astonishing start to the Matador Cup saw records tumble, as seven batsmen hit centuries on the competitions opening day.
- Cameron Bancroft (176) and Shaun Marsh’s (109) opening stand of 216 against South Australia broke Western Australia’s state-record opening stand.
- Western Australia posted their highest One-Day total, 350.
- Travis Head and Callum Ferguson’s partnership of 278 was the 2nd highest in Matador Cup history. Only 2 runs short of Khawaja and Hartley’s miraculous knock last year.
- South Australia’s successful run chase in this game, 351, was their highest run chase in history, and the competitions 2nd highest.
- Centuries from Steve Smith (143*) and Nic Maddinson (108) contributed to New South Wales’ 3rd highest One-Day total.
- In the same game, the newly formed CA XI were skittled for 59, falling victims to the biggest defeat in Australian List A history, 279 runs.
Notable mentions also go to Ben Dunk (104*) and Andrew Fekete, who’s performances led the Tasmanian Tigers to victory over the Queensland Bulls. Mitchell Starc’s figures of 6-25 were the pick of the day as he ripped through the young CA XI line up.